Frequently Asked Questions:

How do I open my account? 

Complete and sign the Utility Service Application Form and pay the meter deposit. 

How much is the meter deposit?

The meter deposit is $200. 

How can I get the form?

  • Visit the Town Office, Monday - Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm.
  • Call the office at  338-2145 to request the form to be sent via email or fax. 
  • Download the form here

How can I make payment?

  • Pay in person through cheque, debit or cash during office hours.
  • Send cheque to PO Box 730, Wadena, SK, S0A 4J0.
  • To sign up for Pre-authorized debit payments - download and complete the following form, then submit to the town office with a VOID cheque.    Pre-Authorized Debit Application Form
  • Pay online through your bank and select WADENA (TWN) – WATER as your payee. Do not forget to indicate your account number.

What is the minimum charge for one billing period?

The minimum charge is $203.13, breakdown below:

$111.42 – water charge (first 5,000 gallons of water) 
$  55.77 – sewer charge (1/2 of the water charge) 
$  36.00 – garbage and recycling fee (residential)

Or $72.00 for commercial.

How often will I receive utility bill? 

Bills are sent out on the 14th day of March, June, September and December of every year. 

Do I still need to pay the minimum if I did not use water for the whole billing period?

Yes. According to Bylaw No. 14-10, para 6, the minimum shall be payable in every case whether or not any water is consumed.

Can a customer make payment arrangement if unable to pay after notices have been given?

Absolutely. A payment schedule can be made for the customer. However, if the schedule that has been made between the individual and the town is not followed, this will result in immediate termination of service until the account is paid in full. A $75 re-connection fee will be applied to the account as well.  

Should the utility account be under the property owner’s (landlord) name or the tenant’s name? 

It depends on the agreement between the landlord and tenant. Nonetheless, the landlord will be responsible for the outstanding charges in case the tenant moves out without paying the utilities. 

How can the customer terminate the utility account? 

The customer must complete, sign and submit to the office the Utility Termination Request Form. Please indicate the date when the service will be terminated. Download the Termination Request Form here.

What will happen to the $200 meter deposit?

When service is terminated, the meter deposit will be applied to the final bill. If there is a credit, a cheque will be issued with the credit amount.