The Town of Wadena is committed to improving the overall appearance of the community in order to enhancement the quality of life for all citizens and visitors and allow us to market our community as a place Where Big Dreams Grow.
In an effort to help make Wadena the best version of itself, we need your help. The Town is working diligently to clean up and maintain our properties, and we ask everyone to do the same. Please assess your property for things such as sheds and buildings in a state of disrepair, overgrown grass and weeds, pest infestations, dead or hazardous trees, sharp or dangerous objects, lumber, cardboard, paper, newspapers, appliances, tires, cans, barrels or other waste material, cigarettes, litter and junk, and sea cans in prohibited locations. Please also ensure you have no vehicles or other equipment or goods stored on Town owned property. If you find any of this exists please take immediate steps to rectify the situation.
What is the Town doing to help?
In order to assist the community in beautification, several annual programs are in place. Please come back and check the new dates for programs each year:
- Clean Up Day Bins: May 22-25, 2018 – Large metal waste bins will be available to place your junk items in across from the Town shop in the empty lot at 106 2nd Street SW during this period. Signs will be posted for what you can put where. Fridges and freezers that are not certified as having the freon removed are not disposable within this program.
- Clean Up Day Pickup: May 22 & 23, 2018– The Town will pick up junk for seniors and the physically challenged on these dates only. To be added to the pickup list, please call the Town office at 306-338-2145 Monday - Friday, 8am – 4pm. Place all items for removal at the curb by the designated date and time provided and the Town will remove them FREE of charge. We will not go into homes to remove furniture, appliances or other junk items. Fridges and freezers that are not certified as having the freon removed will not be picked up.
- Free Dumping Days: May 22, 24, 26, 2018 – The Central Regional Landfill will be hosting its annual ‘Free Dumping Days’ for Wadena residents from 9:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m., Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday of this week. All items may be disposed of FREE of charge.
- Compost Program: May 1st – November 15th, 2018 – Compost must be in clear bags and will be collected Mondays & Tuesdays, FREE of charge, during these months. Please feel free to dispose of leaves, grass clippings, tree branches and like items. Full regulations on what is a compostable item are available at townofwadena.com.
- Tree Chipping Program: May 24 & 25, 2018 – Thursday, May 24 (West side) & Friday, May 25 (East side) - Tree branches will be picked up free-of-charge ONLY when the amount is no larger than one half-ton size load. Loads LARGER than above will be subject to a pick-up fee of $50 per load. Branches CANNOT exceed 4 feet in length and 3 inches in diameter. The tree chipping program has additional dates throughout the year.
See our list of related documents and paged below for additional information.