Wadena District Lions Club
Founded in April 1966, Wadena District Lions Club celebrates 50+ years of service to the Wadena District.
Wadena District Lions Club are:
- A network of people who share common interests and a commitment to service making an impact on our community;
- Personal growth and leadership opportunities;
- Fellowship with worldwide members;
- Extension of local efforts through Lion’s Club International Foundation helping others across Canada & around the World.
Wadena District Lions Club Local Contributions & Servic
e:Meals on Wheels, Atoms Hockey, 2271 Pipestone RCA Cadets’ Sponsor, Wadena ~ Community Legion Hall, Curling Rink, Golf Club, Swimming Pool, Sports Grounds, Library - Aladdin Classic video magnifier, Wadena Arts Council, Wadena & District Fire Department, STARS Fuel Trailer and other local facilities and individuals
Other Wadena District Lions Club Contributions and Service:
- Diabetes - raise money for the Canadian Diabetes Assn., Saskatchewan Lions Diabetes Risk Assessments
- Serving Young People - DARE, Lions Quest, Tabs for Tots (Diabetes Supplies), Youth Exchange Program, International Peace Contest, Youth Camps + much more
- DogGuides ~ Raising money to purchase and train Seeing Eye, Hearing Ear & Special Skill Dogs
- Lions Sight First (and local Eyeglass collection- collection box at
Wadena Credit Union) ~ providing cataract surgeries, building or expanding eye hospitals, make corneal transplants available.
Meetings:Every 2nd Monday @ 7:00pm
September through June
Wadena Community Legion Hall
Contact: Lion George (306) 338-2301
, check out the website by clicking here
To learn more
Or like us on Facebook, click here.