- Feature Links
- COVID-19 Update & Information
COVID-19 Update & Information
April 6, 2021
The Town continues to monitor the Province’s Public Health Order and their phased Re-Open Saskatchewan Plan in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Based on current COVID-19 transmission rates, the current public health order will remain in effect until April 23, 2021. At that time, they will be reviewed by the provincial Chief Medical Health Officer. This includes:
- Private dwelling indoor gatherings are limited to a maximum of 10 individuals.
- People may meet and greet outdoors with up to 10 people only, provided physical distancing between households can be maintained.
- The public health orders for licensed establishments; sports, fitness and dance; places of worship; and mandatory masking remain in place. .
For complete information on the current public health measures or to see the public health order, visit http://www.saskatchewan.ca/covid19-measures.
Residents are encouraged to refer to the Saskatchewan Government’s website, www.saskatchewan.ca, as their source for the most up to date COVID-19 information. The Re-Open Plan is available on the website and provides information affecting the operations of several Town facilities:
- Town Office – open to the public Monday to Friday from 9am to 4pm. Effective April 19, open for public access, including both in person and by phone, Mon to Fri from 1pm to 4pm.
- Recreation Centre – open for mezzanine and ice bookings
- Hall – North club room & kitchen open for bookings
- Fitness Centre – open with key card access
The Re-Open Plan indicates that the following recommendations should remain in place through all five phases:
- Individuals should continue working from home if they can do so effectively.
- Physical distancing must be maintained, wherever possible.
- People must stay at home when they are sick.
- Vulnerable individuals, such as seniors and those with underlying health conditions, should continue to exercise caution and minimize high-risk exposures, such as public outings.
- Personal hygiene will continue to be a key prevention measure.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection should take place in workplaces, public spaces and recreational facilities.
Message from the Ministry of Health
To reduce the spread of COVID-19, the Government of Saskatchewan has declared a State of Emergency and enacted Public Health Orders. The complete public health orders are available at Saskatchewan.ca/COVID19.
All travelers returning from international destinations – including the U.S. – are subject to a mandatory self-isolation order. Anyone identified by a Medical Health Officer as a close contact of someone with COVID-19 shall go into mandatory self-isolation for 14 days from the date of having been exposed. Exempted are truckers, airline, rail, and work crews that are required to work in order to maintain business continuity and are supervised by Infection Prevention and Control Officers or Occupational Health and Safety in the workplace.
Wash your hands frequently. Maintain physical distance of two metres. Do not attend any events, public or private, where you cannot maintain that social distance. Self-monitor for symptoms in yourself or your dependents and stay home if you are ill with even mild symptoms of cough or fever.
The Town Office will be back open regular hours - Effective July 19, 2021 Regular Office hours are 9:00 am - 4:00 pm Read on...
Town Council and Committee of the Whole meetings will be held at the Town Office at 102 Main Street North. Read on...
Animal Control Officer Andy Labdon, 338-9006, has been receiving reports of missing pet cats. Read on...
2021 Wadena Aquatic Centre Closure Read on...
The Town's compost collection program will begin May 3. Read on...
After of April 30, 2021, Town of Wadena will no longer be accepting household batteries for recycling. Read on...
Call Animal Control Officer, Andy Labdon, to report nuisances: 306-338-9006 Read on...
The assessment roll for the Town of Wadena for the year 2021 has been prepared and is open to inspection in the Town of Wadena office from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday from March 1 to April 30, 2021. Read on...
Town Council has formulated a vision for Town of Wadena, a council mission statement and established priorities for their four-year term. Read on...